At CAAS students are expected to work hard to meet rigorous academic standards. To do this, students are expected to act as responsible young adults. Respect and the Values of LEAP (Leadership – Empowerment – Advocacy – Perseverance – Success) is the expectation for all members of our community.
The following list of expectations refers to behaviors that are expected at CAAS and as such are non-negotiable rules.
Students are expected to report to school on time.
- Students are expected to report to each class on time prepared with their work, writing implements and notebooks.
- Students are expected to complete all class and homework assignments.
- Students are expected to actively participate in class instruction.
- Students are expected to refrain from acts of physical and verbal abuse towards peers and adults.
- Students are expected to refrain from wearing hats, durags, bandanas, scarves or other forms of headgear anywhere inside the building.
- Students are not allowed to have any type of electronic devices in school, e.g. cell phones, beepers MP3 players, IPODs, game systems, etc. All electronic devices will be confiscated at scanning and returned to a parent or guardian.
- Students are expected to have a pass to move about the building while classes are in session.
- Students are expected to refrain from acts of vandalism and graffiti
- Students are expected to avoid acts of academic dishonesty.
As CAAS follows the Citywide Standards of Conduct and Uniform Disciplinary Measures, all students are expected to adhere to the rules and regulations outlined therein. Copies of this document are available in all administrative offices.
Consequences of Infractions:
All infractions are subject to the consequences outlined in the City Standards of Conduct and Uniform Disciplinary Measures. In addition to the mandated consequences students who commit infractions of the school and city discipline codes are subject to removal from class to the Mediation Center/SAVE Room. Once a student has been referred to the Mediation Center/SAVE Room s/he is subject to:
Ø In-House Removal and face-to-face Parent Conference
Ø Principal Suspension and face-to-face Parent Conference
Ø Superintendent Suspension and face-to-face Parent Conference.
Student will also be referred to guidance and other counseling services.